When a resident and property owner in Arkansas dies, the estate is required to pass through a legal proceeding known as probate; the personal representative is the person responsible for overseeing this process.
Topics covered in this white paper include:
- What is the Purpose of Probate?
- What is a Personal Representative?
- Who Can Serve as a Personal Representative?
- What are the Personal Representative’s Duties?
- How Long Will the Process Take?
- Why Does It Take So Long?
- Should a Personal Representative Hire an Attorney?
- Do Personal Representatives Receive Payment for their Service?
This paper will discuss the probate process in Arkansas – its purpose, who oversees the process, and how long the process takes.