A Super Retiree is one that retires, has limited income and still survives. This retiree is thrifty and smart with their money. If you’re headed toward retirement, consider these tips for becoming a super retiree yourself:
- Start Being Thrifty – When you retire, you can’t buy a new car every year. In fact, you shouldn’t do that while you’re working. Start cutting back on unnecessary spending now and it will make it much easier when retirement comes.
- Manage Your Health – If you’re sick, your retirement fund can dry up quickly. While you can’t control everything health-related, you can ensure you’re in as good as possible health. Visit the doctor for routine check-ups, workout, eat right and take your vitamins.
- Look at Real Estate – While real estate goes up and down, buying and selling property can still put money in your pocket – especially with how cheap real estate can be these days. If you invest now, you’ll be surprised at how much you can earn in the future.
- Minimize Borrowing – Borrowing, such as credit cards and loans, puts just about anyone in a risky spot. Reduce how much you borrow and how quickly. If you can, pay off your current debts before retiring.
- Work During Rough Patches – Plenty of retirees work from home or semi-part time to earn a few dollars during rough patches. Look for opportunities where you may be able to do a little work on the side.
- Invest – Invest in a conservative way. This may include stocks or bonds.