Among the other important documents, you will need to find your spouse’s social security card, birth certificate, marriage certificate, military discharge papers, car titles, retirement account information and other financial records.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Gather important documents
- Obtain a copy of your spouse’s death certificate
- Continue paying necessary bills
- Collect on life insurance policies
- Check for any pension benefits
- Make a claim for Social Security spousal benefits