Many people put off their estate planning because they feel they don’t need it or they don’t have time to for planning. The reality is not planning now can lead to serious negative consequences in the future. Below are some common reasons as to why people put off their estate planning. Do you see yourself in any these statements? Take the time to schedule an estate planning consultation today!
- I’m busy. Many people think that they are too busy to start their estate planning. Life’s most unexpected events often happen when we are busy. If you want to make sure that you are protected during life’s many changes, you need to begin your estate plan today.
- I’m young. Everyone over the age of 18 should have a plan in place. While you may have a long life to live, you need to have an estate plan so that you are prepared for emergencies and other untimely matters.
- It’s too expensive. Many people assume that meeting with an estate planning attorney will be very costly. It is important to remember that estate planning is a worthwhile investment. Spending the money now means saving money, time, energy, and stress later.
- I don’t make enough money. While you may think that you don’t have a lot of assets, everything counts. Everyone needs estate planning regardless of wealth. It is also important to have a plan in place so that your loved ones are cared for after your death.
- I don’t want to think about disability or death. While it can be saddening to think about these things, it is better to have a plan in place ahead of time. If you keep putting off your planning because you are afraid of death, it may be too late. After all, no one gets off the planet alive.
If you have any questions about estate planning consult with an experienced estate planning attorney.
- Estate Planning is Essential Whether You Are Married or Not - April 25, 2018
- Income Tax Basis in Estate Planning – Part 2 - April 23, 2018
- The Downsizing Generation: How to Handle a Surplus of Stuff When a Loved One Ages - April 18, 2018