If you’re new to estate planning, you may have questions about the entire process. It can be difficult not knowing what to expect when creating your own estate plan.
Take a look at some of the tips below to learn more about estate planning and how it fits in with your life. If you have additional questions about estate planning, meet with an estate planning attorney today.
- Estate planning is a process. Creating your estate plan is not something that will happen over night. You will meet with your attorney to discuss many different aspects of your life. Your attorney will use his or her knowledge to compile the best plan possible for your specific needs. This is not something that will be completed in a day or two. And, it’s also important to note that estate planning is not something that is done once and forgotten about. You will need to make changes to your plan throughout your lifetime!
- You will have to answer difficult questions. While an estate planning attorney will use his or her legal knowledge to create your plan, he or she will need to use the information that you discuss to create the plan. You may feel uncomfortable, at first, when answering certain questions or talking about some topics (i.e. finances, health, marriage, family, death, and goals.) It’s important to know that by having these conversations now, you will be helping to protect your future.
- Estate planning can help give you peace of mind. We all have fears and uncertainty about the future. Taking the time to plan can give you peace of mind and help you sleep at night. With a plan in place, you can have a say in important matters such as your health, finances, and family circumstances.
If you have any questions about estate planning, consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.
- Estate Planning is Essential Whether You Are Married or Not - April 25, 2018
- Income Tax Basis in Estate Planning – Part 2 - April 23, 2018
- The Downsizing Generation: How to Handle a Surplus of Stuff When a Loved One Ages - April 18, 2018